Monday, June 6, 2011

Three Dollar Christian

When I was just starting to drive, I was allowed to use the family car. I had to share it with everyone that lived in our house. So, that meant that you only put enough gas in the car that you needed for the time being. As I would drive the car to school each day I often would have to stop and get gas at the station. Back in my time you were able to pull upto FULL SERVICE and ask the attendant to put the gas in. As I would pull into the station on my way to school, I would ask for $1 worth of gas please. For you see I only wanted enough to get  me to school and back. Well sometimes I think that is the way we treat God. We pull upto the station and ask the attendant to 'Give me $3 of God please.' For that's really all we want from Him is just enough to get us by until next time we really need Him.  I want to be filled to the bream so that God can over flow into the lives of others.

So do you just want to be a $3 christian that only wants $3 worth of God? Or Do you want to be filled and poured out for the use of God?

'Fill'er up please'

IICorinthians 2:14; Now thanks be unto God, which always causeth us to triumph in Christ, and maketh manifest the savour of his knowledge by us in every place.

No comments:

Post a Comment