Friday, May 6, 2011

In Honor of Mothers Day

I can't believe this will be my 7th year without my mother for Mothers Day. Wow, how time goes by so fast. It seems as only yesterday I was sitting by her bedside talking, reading the bible and praying with her. As I write this today, my mind goes back to the many nights we would sit in my bed and she would read the bible and pray with me each night before I would go to bed. I love those moments and I am thankful that God gave her to me as my mother. She loved her children and we all knew we were loved by her. Everyone that entered into our family by marriage, became her children and she loved them as her own.

Remembering back to that that week that I was staying with her during her sickness, I would read each night a passage from God's word and would pray for her each night. On this night, little did I know, that it would be the last time I would be able to  pray and read the bible to her again. I read Palms 48.    But verse 13-14 says, Mark ye well her bulwarks, consider her palaces; that ye may tell it to the gereration following: 14: For this God is our God for ever and ever he will be our guide even unto death. You may ask why would this verse mean so much to me? Well, let's take a look at the word bulwarks: it's defined as a wall of earth or of a strong material meant for defense; a person or a thing protecting or defending people. You see, that was what my mother was to her children. A palace is a grand residence, especially a royal residence. Again, this was speaking of my mother. Her home and family was very special and important to her. V14 talks about God is our God, for mother this was just as important in her life and for our life as well. Home, family, and God was always very important and she made it a point to always instill God in her children, grandchildren and yes, her great grandchildren.. My mother knew where her strength came from. God was her guide even unto death.
But God is so good to me, to give me this precious time together and to remember what a godly mother I had. For you see, my mother died a few weeks later unexpected.

Mom, I love you and thank you for instilling in me your love and your love for God. Because of your example, I have tried to teach my children and now my grandchildren what you instilled in me about God. I pray that my children will teach their children of God and live the example that you passed on.
One day I will see you again.
Love your daughter

No comments:

Post a Comment