Thursday, May 12, 2011

Fear

Psalms 56:6; What time I am afraid, I will trust in thee.
Have you every been afraid? Are you afraid now? Fear is an awful thing to have on you. I can remember as a child fearing that I would be left alone, that my mother would die and leave me alone. I can also remember being fearful of snakes. I would lay in my bed at night and think of snakes and believe that they were at the end of my bed and during the night they would bite me. Today I am still fearful of snakes, I do not LIKE them. People say: 'Oh they are just afraid of  you as you are them.' WRONG!!!! I don't believe that (lol). But fear can be a paralizing thing in someones life. Just like the fear of being alone and snakes paralized my life for so long.  It can have a hold on your life as well. It may not be fear of snakes or fear of your parent dying, but what ever it is, it has you down. There is hope and away out of being fearful. It is found in God's word. I realized the more I read God's word and draw strength from Him and His precious word, I am no longer as afraid well let me say, it doesn't paralize me anymore. God gave me this verse when He moved us to Arizona to live. He gave me the promise that He would take care of me in the desert. Because that is where all the snakes live and the desert if full of them. Luke 10:19; Behold I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy; and nothing shall by any means hurt you. He kept His promise. We were there for three and a half years. I climbed the mountains I went walking and not one time did I see a snake. I seen scorpions, but not one time was I stung by them. God is so good and faithful to keep His promise. There is another part to this verse that has stuck out....power over the enemy. You know if you're a child of God, your enemy is satan. He  is there to destory, depress, and detour your life. But God has given us power to over come the enemy. What ever fear  has you paralized, give it to God and draw stength from Him and His word.  God has already given us the promise that we can be victorous over our enemy. Take hold of that promise and claim it for you today. I know God's word is true and faithful.  It works try it!!!!
Remember this:
False Evidence Appearing Real

Forsaken All I Trust Him

What time I am afraid I will TRUST Him

No comments:

Post a Comment